We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join our team, this is the perfect role for someone who is looking to forge a career in the purchasing and buying sector. You will be working directly with our Production Manager on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate is someone who has good communication and organisational skills and is willing to learn and throw themselves into the role. It’s a fantastic opportunity to work in a high growth business.
- Supplying relevant site contacts to all delivery parties.
- Chasing up late deliveries and reporting back to Project Managers.
- Managing replacements of materials to sites in a cost effective and timely manner and ensuring clear communication with all relevant departments.
- Liaising directly with Project Manager to discuss delivery dates, materials requirements et.
- Rechecking of both Mezzanine Floor and Fire Rating detailed drawings before commencement of purchasing.
- Management of Fire Rating (including price negotiation, supplier sourcing, order processing and point to point deliveries of all materials)
- Liaising with Project Managers and Installers in order to resolve on site issues in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Maintaining Stock Levels and issuing stock take sheets to third parties.
- Maintaining and chasing up suppliers for order acknowledgements.
- Assisting in the general procurement operations.
- Archiving Monthly projects.
- Standing in for Production Manager when required.
The key skills we are looking for:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have ‘get it done’ and ‘can do’ attitude
- Great communicator
- Able to juggle various priorities
- Eager to learn and grow with an exciting business
- Highly efficient and well organised
- Good computer literacy
- Purchasing or stock control experience (not essential)
Salary dependant on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent