Are you a Construction Estimator looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a new member of the team to generate value-engineered cost estimates for our wide range of customers.
Hi-Level is a leading provider of quality mezzanine floors across the UK and Europe. We have been designing and installing mezzanine floors to the highest quality in the industry for over 28 years with projects ranging from small, single storey floors right through to large, complex multi-tiered installations for major brands.
You will join a small close-knit team of experienced estimators and full training will be provided using our in-house production system. This is a full time role based in Petersfield in Hampshire, with excellent road and rail access.
- Generating new business from effective quoting on inbound enquiries.
- Ensure timely submission of quotes and provide technical support to customers
- Prepare detailed quotations with a realistic breakdown of cost budgets.
- Report to management on enquiries, orders and estimates in a timely manner
- Follow up on quotations
- Agree measures for accurate monthly billing
- The central point for estimating, including implementing best practice documentation, processes and procedures for efficient estimating
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Construction Estimator
- Basic understanding of structural engineering
- Comfortable with numbers and technology
- Must be IT literate to produce professional quotations and retrieve relevant documentation
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Well organised and reliable
- Ability to work alone but also as part of a team
Hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Construction Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organisational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with Engineers, Clients, Architects and Account Managers etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor deliveries to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of labourers, supervisors, foremen, and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
To apply, please email your CV to Paul Alexander